Friday, November 8, 2013

Well, first things first, I have a confession to make, my post from "yesterday" was only started at 11:30pm last night, it was not finished until this morning.  I know no one probably cares, especially since I am not sure I have more than an audience of 1, but if I do, now you know.  Lying on my couch with my laptop trying to write at such a late hour after a long day, is not the best of ideas.  When I was in Costa Rica last summer, we had quiet time for 45 minutes, when we were to be spending time with God, no talking and we were not to be in our bunks or the dormitories for that matter.  Too much of a temptation - agh, I see this can be applied elsewhere to.   I have to admit I thought I should continue my 45 minutes of quiet time upon returning home, but I find it very difficult, the actual sitting down and doing it, once I am there the 45 minutes breeze by, faster than I would like.  However it is the intentionality of it, the need to plan for it, that gets me bogged down.  Sometimes when I am not running around trying to catch my breath from life, I get up early and have my "tea with God" as I like to call it, I really do enjoy that time, but I have been struggling of getting back to that "tea time" or "walk time" when I just spend time with God.   At church we are just finishing a study of hearing God's voice, and I keep hearing God saying stop, slow down, spend time with me, but still I struggle.  I hear this as I run out the door for work without my quiet time, I turn around and pick up my Bible to take with for when I have a free moment, but it never comes.  I hear it when I see the white flash of the deer's tail as I almost missed seeing him cross the trail, but I hurry on have to get to work or home or wherever it is I am going.  I hear it when I am talking to a lady in the grocery store, I try to force myself to focus, but I struggle again and again, thinking of where I have to be.  And here I go again off and running, if not I will be late.  Forgive me Lord, I want to slow down, but soon I will be late, come with me and show me a time and place today for me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment