Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I am Grateful!

What am I grateful for?  Good question.  I was at a meeting this evening and the devotional was about being grateful.  The one who penned the devotional suggested that we deviate from our standard answers to "How are you?" with "I am grateful."  So I had to think - why am I grateful?  What makes me grateful.

This is not an exhaustive list of things, but rather inspirations I found as I walked around my home.  So one of the first things that popped into my mind was my toe covers that kept my feet warm and me happy on my way home from work yesterday.


Next and most importantly is my Bible - and for people who taught me it was okay to write and make notes in my Bible, but also for my journal and for sacred spaces.  As I mentioned yesterday, the woods and being out in nature is a sacred space for me.


For opportunities to travel, for friends in many countries....


Yahtzee may sound strange, but it reminds me of friends, I spent many hours playing Yahtzee with friends, I even played a round or two while laying on my side recovering from eye surgery, I have played while I was camping, laying on my living room floor, and even sometimes with patients.  What a blessing and box full of memories.


For a creative spirit, and whether others like it or not, the joy of making something new and experimenting with different mediums.  For blues and greens, starry nights, and paints.


Blueberries for Sal.  Robert McClowsky.  A trip to Maine.  Massillon Public Library children's room.  Mom instilling a love for reading in our hearts.  Brother.  Sister.  Blueberries.


Artistic Expressions.


Health and ability to exercise.  Time to spend training and being outside.  In the background, memories of the Peace House.  Many races.


Friends who know I like dragonflies and arty things.  Dragonflies.


Dragonflies.  Teapots.  Art projects.  Learning new things.  Flowers.


Templeton.  Giggles.  Templeton hunts.  Luke and Josh.  Holly and her love for mice.


Youth with a heart for God.  The accountability ball.  An old bench - it used to be a church pew.


Many more things, but hopefully these got you started in thinking why your grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment