Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Moon and Simple Evenings

Sorry, Z.  I should have more, but I just couldn't find it tonight, and I have a big day tomorrow, and I've been missing sleep, so I should get to bed and can't wait for the words to flow in fun and random patterns that will set you to smiling, so this is what you get.  Wish you could have been here to sit with me on the deck and watch the moon.  Perhaps tomorrow night.  P.S  I wrote this paragraph last as well as the title and now the words begin to flow, but I must go and sleep, so perhaps I will write about simple evenings another time.  Sometimes it is just good to be.

Okay I hope no one is reading this blog very quickly, because what it was today, I didn't really like, but now I have revamped it, so hopefully it is more to my liking and therefore more of me and more to your enjoyment, although I am going to steal my sister's words.  I woke early this morning to find my musings had been of help to Z.  thank you for sharing with me Z, you are a dear sister.  So I will leave advice for Z that was found in the original post, as well as advice for any who stumble upon it.

The moon tonight.

I read somewhere not to spend too much time checking the preview but pay attention to what you take and check it out later.  There is some truth to this, if you focus too much on what is on the preview, if you got it right or in broader terms if you have it perfect, you can miss so much.  Just like this moon, it is okay to just sit and enjoy it, as the camera will never truly capture the night and the moment.  Enjoy the moments too.  Got that Z, pay attention to the details, keep on living, and enjoy the moments too.

Some exerpts from a note from Z:

I am going to write you my thoughts here.  I thought about doing this in the comments, but half the time I get comments wrong and they disappear forever. I do not want this comment to you to disappear.
I thought today, or maybe it was the past several days at small moments, that my voice gentler in a reply or funnier or better, than it would have been before.  I thought perhaps a bit of praise or thanks or something has sprung from my lips a little easier. No I don't know what I mean.   That isn't quite right. But that's okay. I am realizing I am tired again now, and my thoughts are quieter. I can maybe go to sleep again now.  Thank you for writing your note. I woke up around 2. Hurting with a bone deep grief, still in the sweatshirt I've been wearing all the time that I am home, waking or sleeping since Sunday. And truthfully probably a lot of the waking time for the week before that.  I had gotten it, a zippered hoodie in black from the boys department at walmart for writing in nano, because for some reason i like a sweatshirt with a hood I can pull up over my head when I write, and I had thought another one in my closet would not go amiss. Then one day when I was wearing it in my prayer chair like a hug from God when I was praying because the news was not good about Anna, that I should buy her one and sent it to her. It is so comfy and warm, and maybe she could feel like I am near and hugging her, feel like a good hug since it is hurt for to be hugged or touched for so long. And that she might like something new when she couldn't go out to get it herself. And that it might make it easier to wear something comfortable but maybe not as nice now that she hurt so much.  And I prayed that I would find the right color. And the next morning, I went, and I found a green one (because all the colors except the one green and the black had been sold in the small size) and sent it to her. And then on Nov 10, she wrote me "well I have not done writing this weekend, but I hope you have. I LOVE my green hoodie by the way. thank you so much! don't think it's left my body since Friday."  And I have had a hard time not wearing mine too since then. Well, maybe a little less so over the past days. But I have been wearing it most of the time since maybe last Thursday. And to sleep too since Sunday.
Okay. Thank you for listening. And thank you for your note that was there when I woke up missing her so badly at 2 AM.  Finding like you said that each day has been missing her a little harder than the day before.
So some advice for others, take time to encourage someone, even when you don't know what to say sometimes.  And in those really tough times send a little prayer and God will give you the words, or give you an idea or a place to go.


Well, I tell you what, I have woke early, and thoughts are running through my mind again, so though I mostly edit posts for typos, this post was overhauled last night and is now being added to early Thursday morning.  I read somewhere if you are immediately editing blogs it is because you aren't being thoughtful in your posts, and you are probably wasting your reader's time.  Well I hope I am not wasting your time, but this just keeps going through my mind.    My inspiration for the post was because I was so glad I could be an encouragement to Z, and in turn in the note she wrote me she shared of being an encouragement to Anna.  Neither of us are in the same town, we couldn't give a hug to each other, but both of us were able to encourage the other in some small way.  So that was my post, but you know what the original post, the one I didn't like, Z read it, she read it before I edited it and just as I hit the update button last night on the revised post, I received a text.  Z, said it was just what she needed, and now it is lost forever, edited away.  Even though I hadn't known what to write and felt it forced, it had encouraged her.  Remember even when you don't know, God knows.     (Don't get me wrong, i like this post, and think it will be a joy to Z, but so was the other). 

No comments:

Post a Comment