Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Short Glimpse in a Rearview Mirror

It is day six and today I am struggling.  The only reason I am posting is because it is part of my challenge.  I am tired and just want to go to bed, but here I am anyways putting off this post, I refuse to go to bed without completing.  So lets get it done.  I had a busy day and took no pictures.  My challenge for today perspective and viewpoint.  Since my camera was silent and dark today, you get to take a trip back in time with me.  Back to a summer trip, with my brother and a friend to the New England states, with stops in Boston, Freeport, Bar Harbor, and Plymouth, VT, among other places.  A fabulous trip, with many good memories.

In Boston, looking at Old City Hall.




Perhaps this dragonfly at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.  A stop well worth anyone's time.






How about this boat, resting in the waters near Plymouth Rock.



This historical building here independence was first declared many years ago, and now stands shrouded by skyscrapers and other modern buildings.





 And some beach, somewhere along the coast.  A broad view, just a bit of surf, or possibly flip flopped feet amidst the receding surf.




 A viewpoint from the center of a crowded mass of people, retreating down Bar Harbor's streets after an evening of fireworks.

Or this last one, a grave stone, straight on or angled slightly, including a 16 year old son's gravestone and an untold story of father and son, or perhaps an even broader shot, showing generations of a Coolidge family, not highlighting anyone person, but rather a row in a simple mountainside graveyard.  A graveyard that one commented spoke of the man who was once president, one neither of us knew much about, but what we saw in the graveyard was a man surrounded by family, nothing fancy, just a regular place, a regular man.  To my friend from Brazil, she said she preferred this president to McKinley, solely from their gravesides, one a common gravesite, one a monument with a hundred steps and echoing mausoleum with husband and wife.

                                   



All in perspective.  All depending on one's viewpoint.  And now off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment