Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

What am I thankful for?  So many things.  I am thankful for my family and the wonderful day we had.  Strangely for the snow, typically that wouldn’t be at the top of my list, but it made it fun taking pictures.  Opportunities to play with my camera.  Opportunities to express myself artistically.  My mom who also has some artistic interest.  Making a blanket top today.  My sister.  My brother.  My mom and dad.    Just hanging out together.  Being able to thank the Lord for so much this year, blessings, visiting with my grandmother one last time before she left her earthly home.  All the times I called her on the phone, though sometimes not as often as I think I should have, but everytime I do or think of something I want to tell her, I am grateful for the many times I did call her.  Memories of my grandmother who passed away 17 years ago.  Saffron, chicken stuffing, chestnuts, gardening, M&M’s in a pill bottle, and many other things.  A joy of running that I never had before, even though it is still not my favorite thing to do.  Hikes in the woods.  Opportunities to see God.  My trip to Costa Rica with the youth.  Seeing the youth experience God in a new way.  Safety.  Health.  My eye sight.  So many things to be thankful for.  My friends, my neighbors, God’s hand in celebrating and mourning with my church family.

Well, here are some documentary and portrait type pictures of my Thanksgiving day.


Figuring out the shot.

Looking every which way.

Ahh...what a fun time, why aren't you joining us?!?

Prepping the Ram.

Some more ram training.


The Jolly Farmers.

How about some holly?
Or maybe some corn?

Now I know where to go for food.

Back home again.


Z says just a couple more shots.



Pray you had a good Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment