Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 4 of Nano.  November 4.  And I decided to ride my bike to work to make up from missing a ride yesterday and several other times over the last several busy weeks.  It was a bit cold at 31 degrees.  It took my less than a mile to stop and put on some gloves - good thing I brought them along, however I didn't have anything for my toes and I don't like cold toes.  Well, now I have invested in some toe covers for my shoes, maybe I will try them out tomorrow morning, they worked well this afternoon.  With the time change though, I ended up riding most the way home in the dark, good thing I had a light with me.

So this was a view of the trail this morning.  It was a nice ride.  I came across a tree down a little farther down the path and had to carry my bike over it.  Just past the tree debris, the trees were full birds, I think it was a flock of grackles, and they were cackling up a storm.  It made me wonder if the tree had just fallen, and they were exclaiming what had happened (had to add a little fictional speculation in honor of NaNoWriMo).  As I rode on I was squawked at by geese and later saw a flashing white tail as  a deer crossed my path.

Another thing I noticed today was the a fall night bike is different than a summer night ride.  Summer night rides are filled with the hum of peepers and crickets, whereas this evening I heard a few dogs bark as I rode by as well as the the crisp, cold, sound of water running in the stream.

So today a focus was close-ups but since it dark when I rode home, I didn't stop to take any pictures, but here is a shot from earlier this summer.


I enjoyed my time on the trail today.  There is something special about the trail and the woods, just me, God, and nature.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment