Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Seeing Things Differently

So I have been wishing I had my camera all day.  When I left for work, I thought about taking it with me, to snap a few pictures before I came home, but I didn't want to leave it sitting in the cold all day, so I left it at home.  Well, my day didn't go as planned and I had time between stops and nothing much to do but watch the snow fall.  I had packed my lunch and ate it while driving, so I decided take my lunch by parking and walking around downtown.  It is interesting how you look at things different in the snow.  I thought I should come back sometime to snap some pictures but I would have to coordinate that with snow, and then while driving later I thought who that would make a nice picture, or that, but alas my camera sat at home.

Needless to say when I arrived home, I quickly snapped a few pictures, but the sun was going down, so not too many.




So thinking about looking at things differently, here is a quote I read twice in the last 24 hours.  Yesterday, I pulled it up on an old post Anna wrote on Alaska Bound's blog, and then this morning, someone referenced it in an article they wrote referencing her.

“The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” - Marcel Proust


Now, who's ready for a snowball fight?

No comments:

Post a Comment