Monday, April 18, 2022

O is for....Oak Alley



One summer, my friend Sara and I hopped in the car and took an epic road trip.  We drove to Saint Louis, Missouri and then south through Arkansas and Mississippi down to Louisiana, before turning back East and eventually north again.  Returning through Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and finally back to Ohio. 

 One day while we were in Louisiana, we snacked on Zapp's potato chips we had gotten free from the visitor's center while we visited several plantations along the Great River Road.  I wasn't much of a sketcher then and this sketch was done several years later, but if I went again I would probably be itching to spend time sketching.


A broader view of the same sketch, including notes from my sketchbook.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment