Thursday, April 7, 2022

F is for...Family






I love this sketch.  I sketched as we sat in my aunt's garden room and my mom, my cousin, and my aunt chatted away.  It was during my last visit to London before my aunt became ill and passed away of CJD.  She became ill in the spring of 2020 and none of us could go visit because of Covid restrictions.  

When I look at this picture I almost feel like time stood still and I am back in this room and soon we will get up and go for a walk or figure out something for supper.  And then after supper we will play some scrabble or watch the English game show Countdown on the telly.

 

4 comments:

  1. This sketch and post has such a family feel to it. The story of so many families these past couple of years has been one of isolation in difficult times.

    Donna
    Mainely Write

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome you have that memory that is more heart felt because of your sketch. Thanks for sharing that moment.
    Friends and Family Helpful to have in war!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great memory to have. Love the sketches. Visiting from the A to Z.
    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete