Thursday, April 14, 2022

L is for ... La Bolsa



 The small village of La Bolsa in Neuvo Leon, Mexico will forever be in my heart as a special place.  I was only there twice for a few hours and I know very little Spanish which didn't allow me much communication with the people.  However the couple in the picture on the left touched my heart as they watched while we came to their village and cleaned out the little church - the green building in the middle of the page.  The church had been not been used for 13 years.   

Usually the groups that would come and serve with the mission would meet in Texas and they would drive them down to Neuvo Leon in vans, but our group was planning to go and visit the home of one of the girls from our youth group whose family lived in Mexico  after our time serving with them.  In order for this to work, we had flown into Mexico and they had picked us up at the airport, which gave us more time in Doctor Arroyo where they were based and so we were able to join them this evening in La Bolsa.  Here is an excerpt from my journal:

"We had lunch and then we learned some songs and a Bible story and then we went to La Bolsa where once there had been a church but it had closed in 2006 and we were going there to have a service as a man from the church in the morning was feeling called to open the church again.
They had 30 children and 20 adults come to our church service this evening and they plan to have church on Tuesdays at 6:30 starting this week.  I pray that God would bless that little church and that town and the people there."

I still pray for that town and those people and that little church whenever I think of them or flip through my little sketchbook from Mexico.

(Please excuse the terrible punctuation in my journal entry-I don't worry too much about punctuation when I am writing in my journal, because no one typically reads it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment