Friday, April 15, 2022

M is for...Madrigal



The high school I graduated from started doing a madrigal sometime after I graduated.  I remember going with some friends soon after I had graduated from college and was living in the area again.  It had been a few years since they had put one on and this past December they did one again.  Several youth that I used to have in youth group were in the choir that puts it on, so I decided to go.  I tucked my paints and a sketchbook in my "purse" --if anyone ever decides to steel my "purse" they will be sorely disappointed that it is filled with paints, pens and pencils, some sort of sketchpad, and my Bible, there is rarely any money in there, but I would be bummed --so, don't take my "purse".  

Anyways, back to the madrigal, I pulled out my sketchbook between courses and sketched different scenes  going own, the choir singing, the carrying in of the boar's head and the decking of the halls.  It was an enjoyable evening and fun to see the youth display their talents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment