Saturday, April 2, 2022

B is for....Big Meadows

 

One last little hike out into the meadow to do a sketch before I headed into Harrisonburg to visit a few pillars of my childhood who had since relocated to Virginia but always offer open doors if I ever venture south-in those Covid days it was decks and patios, but wonderful visits none the less before my journey back north.

In June of 2020, I had a vacation scheduled, but with just coming off Covid lockdowns and still having a lot of restrictions and different protocols in different states, I wasn't sure that any trips were in my plans.  However, my adventurous self couldn't quite pass off the chance to get away a little bit and I ended up booking 3 days at Big Meadows Lodge at Shenandoah National Park.  I had a room off the opened up on the terrace and I spent my days sketching and hiking.  

The last morning, after checking out and before heading home, I carried my little stool out into the meadow and watched the bees buzz from one flower to the next collecting pollen and the butterflies fluttering here and there never quite stopping long enough to let me grab a good picture.

I had so much fun that I told myself I was going to come back again sometime when they were having stargazing in the Big Meadow.  I haven't made it back yet, but someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment