Friday, April 8, 2022

G is for....Givenry

 


Though I was in Givenry, France in 2014, I sketched this picture in 2018.  I was off work at the time because of a recent back surgery and was still recovering.  In order to get out of the house and to enjoy a weekend away, I signed up for a scrapbooking weekend--however I hadn't prepped many pictures to do scrapbooking with and ended up spending most the time recreating scenes from past travels.  

This day in the French countryside will always be a cherished memory for me.  Seeing Monet's house and gardens were delightful, and visiting the church there was peaceful as I stood in awe to think that believers had been coming there to worship for almost 1000 years.  And then there was the church in Vernon that I watched on the horizon as I ran back to Givenry while my companions took the bus.  It rained as I ran, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't resist  a quick duck into the large church when I got there as a refuge from the rain. 

Do not be fooled by my writing here, as I am relatively confident that it is 4 km from Vernon to Givenry not 2 km as written here.




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little sketch. I've never been to Giverny and would love to go someday.
    G is for Glowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it sounds like such a lovely trip. And what a charming sketch. I truly want to step right into it.

    ReplyDelete