Monday, April 4, 2022

C is for...Corniglia

     On the western coast of Italy there is a small town up on the cliffs called Corniglia. It is the middle town of the area known as Cinque Terre and in the late summer of 2021 I was able to stay there a few days and hike the trails of the Cinque Terre. Not far outside the door of the place where I stayed was a bench and if I sat on this bench I could watch the people come and go. If I looked out in front of me across the square filled with tables and chairs and their umbrellas shading from the sun and protecting from the rain, and brought my gaze up above the terrace, there an old church stood, there in the center of town. One morning as I sat on the bench, I pulled out my paints and sketched away as the people, locals and tourists made their way from one place to the next.   



2 comments: