Wednesday, November 9, 2022

South to Mississipi

After I left my sister, I headed south through Kentucky and Tennessee to Mississippi.  My GPS tried to divert me because of thunderstorms and risk of flash flooding but I stuck to the highway in hopes to make it to my friend's son's soccer game.  I drove through some pretty heavy rain, but it didn't last too long and it ended up being the most rain I had the entire six weeks I was gone, so I feel very blessed.  I made it in time to go to the soccer game, which ended up being cancelled about half way through because of lightening, but we had a good time and then went out for tacos and ice cream.

I found Oxford Mississippi to be a nice town.  I wandered around William Faulkner's home - Rowan Oak and then walked through Bailey Woods to University Museum on the campus of Ole Miss before I headed out of town.

Rowan Oak - the home of William Faulkner


Sketching at Rowan Oak


Outline of one of Faulkner's books on the wall --solution to his notes blowing away in the wind.

Circular Garden overgrown by moss

Bailey Woods - path from Rowan Oak to University Museum

Great Evening with Friends



No comments:

Post a Comment