Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Where the Paintbrush has been.

 It is Tuesday morning and I am about to be off on another day of adventure.  I need to learn to sit still a little better, I feel busier right now than when I was working, but I knew that would probably be true of these few weeks at the start, but I feel like I hit the road running a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen the end yet.  I am getting some sketching in and enjoying my self though.

Here are a few sketches from my adventures:

A church I painted one rainy morning while trying to hold my umbrella and palette, along with my sketchbook and paintbrush.



On a hike to Hobo's Cave with campers.


Meal time at camp.


Swim time at camp.


A group activity with Day Campers.


Repelling.


Tall Ships from Voinovich Park, Cleveland.




Progress in my oil painting class.


Well I better get going, off for more adventures.  I was reminded of the gift of each new day over the last week, as I said good bye to young lady who I knew from childhood, her father was my Sunday school teacher many years ago, I go to church with her aunt now, and I lived with her cousin for six years.  I didn't see her often but when I did we always had a good chat with a few laughs and smiles, so it was with sadness that I learned she had been killed in a motorcycle accident going home from her aunt's home on a Friday night.  They say she didn't have a chance because the oncoming driver was fully in her lane passing on a hill.  I thank God for having known her and I remember her family often these days and pray that while I am still granted time on this earth that I allow God to use me each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment