Tuesday, April 4, 2017

C is for....The Chaco

My one trip to South America was to Paraguay.  Some people asked me if I brushed up on my Spanish, but the truth was I visited a German colony in the Chaco, so I encountered more German than Spanish during my trip.  After we arrived in Asuncion, before we headed out to the Chaco, we stopped at a Brazilian restaurant where there was a constant flow of different meats on kabobs.  Our friend Elly chatted with the waiter and told us that several of the different meats came from the farms in the Chaco where we were headed.  


The Chaco was hot, dry, and flat.  They were waiting for the rainy season to start and it started a couple of days after we were there.

Sharing the Mate cup.

Wind power in the Chaco

Anyone want to take a guess where this television tower is located.  It was the first one of its kind, now there are numerous more that are taller, but it is still known for its initial innovation. 


Here is a shot of the main street of the borough where this TV tower is located.


So the last hint is that....it starts with a "D".

2 comments:

  1. I know nothing about Paraquay. Especially that German might be one of the languages...that is something I didn't even think to not know.

    Donna Smith
    Mainely Write
    DAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit South America some day. I have been learning some Spanish too - unrelated to this wish of mine though. But it would just be nice I think!

    ReplyDelete